The Czech Road Society
The professional roadmen society was founded in 1934 under the name Road Society. After World War II, it was incorporated into the Czechoslovak Scientific and Technical Societies Association (ČSVTS). Its legal subjectivity was restored in 1990 by the approval of its statutes. These statutes were modified in 1999 when the name was changed to The Czech Road Society (Česká silniční společnost). In 2015, new statutes were adopted in connection with the validity of the new civil act, changing the official name to The Czech Road Society, r. c..
The Czech Road Society is a voluntary, professional and independent corporation of engineers, technicians, students, workers and other road specialists covering territories of Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia. Its mission is to create a space for discussion, as well as the application and implementation of scientific knowledge in practice and up-to-date trends both domestically and abroad.
The Society collaborates frequently and effectively with other foreign professional societies, particularly those based in Slovakia and other European countries. The Society is also a long-standing member of the World Road Association (PIARC).